Colossians 4:9 says, “and with him Onesimus, our faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They will tell you of everything that has taken place here.” As Paul closed his correspondence to the church in Colossae, he wanted to make sure the church was aware of things that had taken place. I write to you with the same purpose. This past week our staff developed a three step re-open strategy for our campuses.
Step 1 (May 17-June 7)
Starting Sunday, May 17 through Sunday, June 7 we will begin offering a Sunday morning option for online church at 11am. This means we will now have two online church options (11am and 6pm). We arrived at this decision for a couple of reasons. First, offering a worship opportunity at 11am will help you get back in the rhythm and routine that church is on Sunday mornings. Secondly, we’re listening to you. In our evaluations about online worship, we’ve heard families are having a hard time attending at 6pm. By offering a morning and evening option we help every family find a time that works best for them.
Step 2 (June 14-June 28)
Starting Sunday, June 14 we will re-open all three of our campuses for worship only. We will not have small groups, children ministries, nursery, or student ministries. At Marlow campus, we will have three services starting at 8:15, 9:30, and 11am. Connection Church Elgin will meet at 10:30am and Connection Church Duncan will meet at noon at their campuses. Each service will be a “touchless” service. Doors will be open for you as you enter directly into our worship centers, and we will dismiss by rows at the end to eliminate social contact. Between each service our custodial team will clean the building for the next service.
Here is what to expect on June 14:
- We will sanitize the building between each service. in order to do that we are asking that you arrive 10 minutes before each service. Doors will open 10 minutes before each service.
- The LIFE Center will be open should you arrive early to get you out of the heat.
- Feel free to wear a mask if you wish. It is not required but welcomed.
- Please sit as a family and leave room between those around you.
- We are doing our best to make the service "touchless" so that you do not have to touch anything except your chair.
- There will NOT be nursery, coffee, bottled water, muffins, worship guides, or Life Groups.
- There are offering boxes as you enter/leave the worship center in order for you to participate in the times of giving back unto the LORD.
- We will not have times of greeting, and we are asking that you refrain from shaking hands and hugging.
- The Pastoral staff will assist at the end of each service in directing how to exit in rows or sections.
- We look forward to worshipping in person with you and your family!
Step 3 (July 5)
Starting Sunday, July 5, we will open our campuses back to the way they were pre-COVID 19. On that day, we will start small groups, children ministries, nursery, and student ministries.
This is our plan, but please know all this could change by the time you read this letter. This plan has been prayed over and thought through carefully. We are excited to see you all again soon! We are doing everything we can to make sure we re-open in the safest way possible. If you feel uncomfortable coming to church during this season, feel completely free to stay home and continue online worship. We understand these can be confusing and fearful times. In the meantime, if there is anything your church family can do for you, please let us know. If you have any questions about our re-open strategy, please call the church office at 580-658-5413 or email me at